Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pepper and Beef Stir-fry

I'm all about tasty, easy, and healthy dinners. There's nothing gourmet about this dish, but it is one of our family favorites!

You'll need:
  • 4 cloves chopped garlic (I use the jar kind because it's quick and easy)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 bag of angel hair shredded green cabbage (cole slaw)
  • 1 red pepper
  • 5 T. Teriyaki sauce
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
Get your wok or skillet to medium high heat, then you can saute the garlic in some oil (2 Tbs.) if you want. I just throw the garlic in with the ground beef.  Brown the ground beef. You can also throw some diced onion in there too. I didn't have onion this time...bummer.  Oh and I sure do love my Pampered Chef Mix N Chop shown below, it's the best for cooking ground beef.



Then, stir in the cabbage and red pepper. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.


Meanwhile, you can start some rice in another pan and get it cooking.  I serve this stir-fry over brown rice.

Then, add in the teriyaki and then black pepper. You can use more or less of both depending on your taste. We like lots of pepper. Spicy!  Sometimes, I add a bit of seasoned salt, like a 1/2 tsp.


Then it looks all pretty like this and the cabbage cooks down. Taste it and make sure it's juuuuust right. 


And that's that! Make sure the veggies are as tender as you want them, and serve over rice. Easy peasy and a scrumptious meal for your family in no time.



No comments:

Post a Comment